The Google Weather App is a free app for Android and iOS devices. It shows you the weather updates for where you are now and any other place you add. However, some people are having trouble with the Google Weather App not working.
Recently, many users of the Google Weather App have experienced issues like the App not working, Crashing, Freezing, not opening, not showing location, and not loading.
If you’re experiencing the Google Weather App Not Working Issue, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered with solutions to resolve this problem. Let’s explore how to fix the Google Weather app when it stops working.
Why is My Google Weather App Not Working Today?
The Google Weather App may not work properly due to various reasons including:
- Internet Connection Issues: Unstable internet can prevent Google Weather from loading correctly.
- Google Weather Server Problems: Technical issues with Google Weather’s servers can lead to disruptions. Check their status page for outages.
- Device Compatibility: While Google Weather is designed for various devices, some may not be compatible.
- Outdated App Version: The Google Weather app may not work correctly if you have an older version. Ensure you have the latest Google Weather app version by downloading it
- Corrupted App Data: If the data connected to the Google Weather app on your device becomes damaged, it can disrupt how the app functions.
How to Fix “Google Weather App Not Working” Issue?
If you are facing the Google Weather App Not Working issue, then you have to follow the below steps one by one:
1. Check Google Weather App Server Status
First, check if the Google Weather app’s servers are working. You can check online on sites like downdetector to see if there are any issues. Server problems could be why the app isn’t working.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
Now check your internet connection because a weak or unstable internet connection can slow app functionality. If you’re encountering problems, switch to a different internet connection.
3. Check Device Compatibility
If the app issues are not solved then Ensure that your device meets the requirements to run the Google Weather app. If it does, you can proceed with the following steps to address any issues you’re experiencing.
4. Clear App Cache
Old or corrupted data stored in the app’s cache can trigger issues. Try clearing the Google Weather app’s cache to address this. On Android, go to Settings > Apps > locate > Google Weather > clear the cache.
5. Update the Google Weather App
Make sure to keep your Google Weather app updated by checking for the latest version in your device’s app store. This can resolve compatibility issues.
6. Disable VPN
Using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) might problems with the Google Weather app’s functionality. Temporarily disable your VPN and check if the app functions properly. VPNs can sometimes disrupt how apps connect to the internet, leading to performance problems.
7. Restart Your Device
If none of the previous steps fix the issue, try restarting your device. Restarting can clear small problems and glitches that may be causing the Google Weather app to not work properly.
I hope you found this “Google Weather app not working” guide helpful. Please share your thoughts by commenting below, and don’t forget to share this post with your friends.